Dark greens cooked with love and a blend of Indian spices can be so delicious and packed with nutrients. I love this recipe on weeknights when I have less time, yet want to feed something healthy to the family.
- coconut oil or avocado oil or ghee
- cumin seeds
- green peas
- mixed dark greens (kale, spinach, swiss chard, collard greens, mustard greens). Choose any two.
- turmeric powder
- garam masala powder (you can find it at any Indian grocery store or amazon)
- green onions
- green chili, ginger, garlic paste
- crumbled tofu or tempeh
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add a teaspoon of cumin seeds
- The add green onions, and the green chili, ginger garlic paste
- Add a chopped tomato and wait for the oil or ghee to separate
- Add your chopped greens, turmeric and very little garam masala powder
- Cover and let it cook , then add some crumbled tofu or tempeh
- Enjoy with quinoa or brown rice
Most important : Eat together with your family !